Traveling with a baby and making sure he/she is comfortable and happy is a lot of work!
To help you out, we’ve compiled a checklist you can refer to when packing. It contains all the essential things to have in your hand luggage when traveling with a baby.
What to pack in your diaper bag?
The usual stuff:
- Diapers (what the bag is for!)
- Water (in most airports, water is permitted when passing security when the child is less than 2 years old)
- Wipes for baby
- A nappy cream, if you’re using it
And some extras for travel:
- Antibacterial wipes for sanitizing the tray, the TV, the changing table, your hands, etc. (we love Milton!)
- A blanket (2 blankets are even better!)
- Snacks like biscuits or Hippis
- Food (jars, or food that can be left outside the fridge)
- Changes of clothes for baby (ideally, 2 onesies, 2 bottoms, 2 t-shirts/sweaters, and a thin hoodie)
- Extra socks
- Change of clothes for you (because, you know…)
- Favorite toys
- Favorite books
- A new toy to engage and entertain!
What stroller? If you travel a lot, a BabyZen Yo-Yo stroller (or similar) gets many moms’ vote. It’s compact, light, and you can take it into the airplane cabin. Being able to keep your buggy with you can be a lifesaver, especially if you’re changing flights. The Yo-Yo isn’t cheap, but for the frequent traveller we think it’s a good investment.
If you’re a baby-wearer, take your sling in your hand luggage. You can wear it on the plane as you endlessly walk up and down the aisle, shushing your baby to sleep.
STAY TUNED FOR YOUR TRAVEL CHECKLIST FOR TODDLERS!